I find myself unfocused at the moment. I’m struggling to do anything much. Still taking my vitamins, managing at least 30 mins activity a day (long walk today) and am eating well. Though that last isn’t true right this second because I’m eating a Fudge. I’ve been trying to write, but can’t get over a certain bump.
Was listening to Jeremy Vine at lunchtime, as I often do, one topic was what are people looking forward to when we come out of lockdown. As I listened to what people were saying, I found that I didn’t share any of the things others were looking forward to.
I don’t want to go to:
- a pub – never been a major fan.
- a restaurant – I enjoy a meal out, but I’m not missing them and it’ll be a while before I’ll trust to sit in a restaurant, but a drive through I’d do.
- a sporting event – never have.
- a concert – only ever been to 15 in total, so not in a hurry to go to no 16.
- the theatre – well not much, I do rather enjoy a good comedy show, but again not in any hurry to be amongst that many people.
Eventually I figured out the only thing I am looking forward to, and it so fits maintaining social distancing. I do want to go out in the campervan. To park near the sea, watch the waves. To park on a mountain, listen to the breeze, hell I’d even enjoy listening to the beating rain if I had a decent view, or rather a different view.
I guess we’re all looking forward to different things, and we all have a different point at which we’re prepared to do risk doing those things.
Wonder what the new ‘normal’ will look like.